Thursday, February 26, 2009

In The Heat of The Night

One of the most interesting things about this diet is all the things I am learning about myself and the rhythms of my body. For example, I have absolutely no appetite in the morning. I can go to bed starving (as I usually do as I will explain shortly), but come morning, I could care less about food. This program requires that you eat a fairly large breakfast and sometimes it is actually difficult for me to eat it.

There has been an improvement on "being hungry" in general. For most of the day I am now no longer obsessing about food (yeah!) and, even at dinner time, I eat when I am hungry, but I am no longer counting down the minutes until I can eat. So why is it that at about 10:30 pm all I want to do is eat? Even if I have put off dinner until 8:30 or so, and then had my dessert at around 9:30/10:00, I am starving by about 10:30/11:00. The dessert ends up acting as an amuse bouche. I am sure some of it is that during the week the boy gets home around that time and is eating his dinner, but even nights when he has eaten earlier or he isn't home, I am starving at that time. Why?

Does anyone else have times of the day when they are just always hungry?

3 comments:

  1. I had to train myself to eat breakfast, and sometimes it's still difficult. But it seems to have helped in my quest to lose a few pounds.

    I always get REALLY hungry between 3:00 and 5:00pm. I usually have a snack around 3:30 or 4:00 so I can make it to dinner. Yesterday, though, I ended up having two snacks. A yogurt and then some spiced peanuts. And I was STILL hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I found you through a link on Freakgirl's website.

    I get the most hungry around 2:30-3:00pm. Sometimes though I think it's more of a boredom hunger thing, where I'm just trying to avoid work. I've been keeping the 100 cal popcorn snack packs in my desk and I eat those. They are pretty filling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Pam! Thanks for commenting. I hope you return and continue to enjoy reading my musings.

    ReplyDelete