Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recipe: Back to Loving Cucumbers

I know I just wrote how I would be happy to never see a cucumber again, but then the boy reminded me of my spicy cucumbers - my absolute favorite cucumber recipe. So, I whipped up a batch and now can't stop eating them. Here is the incredibly easy recipe:

3-4 medium sized cucumbers
2-3 hot peppers diced (I usually use jalapenos)
1/3 cup shallots diced
1/3 cup green onions thinly sliced
1/4 cilantro chopped
1/2 rice wine vinegar
2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Mix the cucumbers, hot peppers, shallots, green onions and cilantro together. Then, mix the rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt and pour over the cucumbers.

It could not be easier and they are absolutely delicious (and, by the way, a perfect side salad for BBQ chicken)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really yum. Do you think it would be good with some tuna mixed in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm - not sure about tuna because of the rice wine vinegar. A little chicken might be better.

    ReplyDelete