Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Boot Camp

This is not a food related post, but it is diet related, so I figure it is worth talking about here.

Today was my first day of boot camp. No, I have not joined the army. Rather, from 6-7 am, 3 days a week, a very energetic woman puts me and about 15 other women through an exercise program. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. The worst part was when the alarm went off at about 4:45 am. My first thought was "What the *&%^*^ did I get myself into." But, once I was there and moving, it wasn't so bad....except for the plank.....excuse the language, but the plank sucked.

While I am no where near in as good shape as I used to be, I am also far from the most out of shape person there (which makes me feel a little better). I did quickly realize where my real weak spots are (outside of my quads I am looking at you), and I think if I have to run on concrete everyday I am going to have a serious problem with my shins, but all in all I think did pretty well for my first day. :)

1 comment:

  1. You were awesome at plank. I couldn't do a full minute when I first started. Wait until we do wall squats; your quads will hate you.

    Regarding your shins -- ice them tonight while you're watching tv or whatever. It really helps. And take Advil to lessen any inflammation. Best if you catch it early so you don't get shin splints.

    ReplyDelete